My Email to Salesforce is convenient way for you to use a unique email address to attach your emails, including attachments, to a Salesforce contact or lead record. It’s also the only free solution available for those of you who use Outlook to manage your Gmail emails. This efficient and nifty feature is easy to setup, it won’t even take you more than five minutes. Here’s how:
- Open Salesforce and at the top of the page click on your name and select “My Settings”.
- On the left side of the screen, click on “Email”.
- Then select “My Email to Salesforce”.
- Your personalized Salesforce email address is the long email address that starts with “[email protected]”. Copy that address.
- Type in your email address into the “My Acceptable Email Addresses” box.
- Press the “Save” button.
Create an Contact record in Outlook or Gmail to store your Salesforce email address. This will give you a simplified way to use that long email address without retyping it all the time.
- Open Outlook (or Gmail).
- Click on Contacts.
- Create a new Contact.
- Give the Contact a name that you’ll remember, like “Salesforce Email”.
- Paste your Salesforce email address into the email field.
- Save the Contact.
Repeat this process on your other devices like your iPhone or iPad if your contacts don’t automatically sync.
If someone sends you an email and you want to save a copy of that email within Salesforce under that person’s Contact or Lead record, simply forward the email to your “Salesforce Email”.
In the “To” box, type in the “Salesforce Email” contact name that you created above and press Send. The email will go to Salesforce and you’ll receive a confirmation email indicating it was successfully uploaded.
You can also add the “Salesforce Email” contact to the BCC line of an email to have any email you send to someone automatically be logged within Salesforce.
Hope this simple tidbit is helpful and as always, reach out to me if you have any questions.